OK so I've been offline for about 3 days now. a tornado category e-5 hit my city of Griffith, Indiana. i got the call from my brother at about 9pm i was at work and had no service, i finally checked my voicemail at 2am and hear "the apartment is fucked up i can't get in" i left work early and rushed home scared of what i may have found. the streets were pitch black and i was so scared praying the whole time. i drive up and all you see is blackness and trees fallen everywhere. my neighbor drove up at the same time so we went in the back way together, my front door was blocked by up rooted trees.
using my phone as a source of light i open my door expecting to find chaos. i open the door and nothing was touched on the inside. THANK GOD!!! i know i was so blessed!!! i leave to go stay with my mom. i come back the next day and outside looks like something out of a movie. trees up rooted, glass and roofing shingles everywhere.
traffic was bumper to bumper so i decided to walk to where the tornado hit the hardest. i cried like a baby. to see all these home without roofs i just started praying for all those families. houses were split in half, roofs were gone, sides of peoples houses were blown off, cars were smashed by trees and 100's of dead birds everywhere. except for one God has a way of giving a sign of hope. that one bird just sat on the ground and couldn't fly everyone was taking pictures including me. they will be posted later. one house had the whole roof, front and side blown off and the only thing intact was the wall with selves that held bibles.
we lost electricity for about 3 days but the damage around my house is nothing compared to what others have!!! just want to send all the prayers we have to all those families who have lost their homes!!! Thank You God for putting the blood of Jesus over my home and keeping it safe and barely damaged!!! Thank You God.
Its crazy since this happened i haven't thought once about IF. I've just been thinking how i can help all these people who need so much assistance!!!
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
God is Good in the mist of Chaos
Posted by heavenlytini at 7:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow. That sounds like a bad tornado! I'm so glad you weren't home when it hit and that your apartment wasn't damaged inside.
Wow! I was wondering where you'd disappeared to, and was going to post a message on WebMD to check on you. I am glad you are safe and your family is safe, and nothing was damaged inside your home. Good luck and stay safe!
Hi TinaMarie - where are you? I hope all's well with you! Hope all's safe.
I wanted to let you know I tagged you - the details are on my blog!
Hey girl! Haven't heard from you in a while and thought I'd pop in and see how you're doing. I hope your doing ok!
Post a Comment